On Monday, June 1st we will be kicking off Internet Week with an Ignite at the New World Stages. Tikva Morowati and I are co-hosting. Ignite NYC IV is proudly co-presented by the team at Web 2.0 Expo, a conference and expo bringing together the best and brightest in the Web 2.0 universe to show the world how the next Internet Revolution is being designed and delivered. Ignite NYC is sponsored by Web 2.0 Expo New York (which is November 16-19th at the Javits Center — remember you have till Friday at midnight to get a submission in).
Nick Bilton of the New York Times R+D Lab is hosting The Ignite Film Festival Competition. To enter the competition,create a video clip that is 15 seconds long, or should we say, 15 seconds short! Please submit your entry by May 31st and find out more information about the guidelines on the site. The top picks will be shown for audience juding at Ignite.
The Ignite NYC IV speakers are:
- Lux Alptraum: http://boinkology.com/
- Matthew Burton: http://matthewburton.org
- Perry Chen: http://www.kickstarter.com
- Luke Dubois: http://www.music.columbia.edu/~luke/
- Schuyler Erle: http://iconocla.st/
- Tim Hwang: http://brosephstalin.com
- Hudson Lines: http://www.hudsn.org
- Andy Maskin: http://www.very-appealing.com
- Rachel Sklar: http://www.charitini.com
- Kevin Slavin: http://www.playareacode.com
- Brian Solis: http://www.briansolis.com
- Molly Steenson: http://www.girlwonder.com
- Chad Stoller: http://www.chadstoller.com
- Baratunde Thurston: http://www.baratunde.com/blog/
If you’re not familiar with Ignite you can check out some videos from the Ignite Show.
Here is a rough schedule for how the night will go:
- 7:00- 8:00PM Cocktail hour
- 8:00- 8:30PM Audience judges Ignite Film Festival Competition via SMS voting.
- 8:30PM- 9:30PM Ignite Talks
- 9:45- 10:45PM Cocktail hour
- 11PM Bar closes
Ignite is free and open to the public.
Please RSVP on Facebook to give us an idea of how many people to expect (though RSVPing isn’t necessary for entrance).
Updated: You can learn more about the Ignite Film Festival from Nick Bilton: