Can a data-sharing technology developed at NASA’S Jet Propulsion Laboratory create better outcomes for medicine?
In fact, it already is.
In this podcast, Chris Mattmann, a senior computer scientist at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, talks with me about objected-oriented data technology (OODT) and health IT.
Mattman dives in to the following questions:
- What is object-oriented data technology (OODT) and how does it relate to health IT?
- How did NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory get involved with applying OODT to health IT?
- What’s it been like for a NASA project to work within the Apache Incubator and the open source community?
- What is the Virtual Pediatric Intensive Care Unit?
- How will data-driven tools help doctors, researchers and patients make better medical decisions?