William Sanders (@williebegoode) is a Professor of Interactive Information Technology at the University of Hartford and author of over 40 technical books! His latest book with us is Learning PHP Design Patterns. We recently sat down to talk about design patterns and how they can help create reusable code and save you valuable time. You can also check out more from Bill at his website.
- Why use design patterns for PHP? [Discussed at the 0:28 mark.]
- Big programs and lots of code can become unwieldy [Discussed at the 2:06 mark.]
- Mobile devices and PHP design patterns [Discussed at the 5:30 mark.]
- Bill talks common design patterns and how they help [Discussed at the 7:25 mark.]
- How to start using design patterns with PHP [Discussed at the 10:15 mark.]
You can view the entire interview in the following video: