Allen Downey, is a Professor of Computer Science at Olin College of Engineering. He has written three books for us, so far, Think Python, Think Stats, and Think Complexity. I recently got the chance to sit down with him to talk about how writing good code can and should actually change the way you think—and make you a better programmer.
- Think differently when dealing with natural language, math, and code [Discussed at 0:38]
- Better code equals a better brain [Discussed at 2:05]
- Look to Python for a jumpstart [Discussed at 4:43]
- Manage the complexity of code for long lasting programs [Discussed at 7:12]
- Dealing with legacy programs? Try to see the big picture. [Discussed at 8:40]
You can view the entire interview in the following video.