Andy Gup (@agup) is a Developer Evangelist at ESRI and OSCON 2013 Speaker. In this interview we talk about location capabilities in apps as well as location analytics.
NOTE: If you are interested in attending OSCON to check out Andy’s talk or the many other cool sessions, click over to the OSCON website where you can use the discount code OS13PROG to get 20% your registration fee.
Key highlights include:
- Mobile apps must have location capabilities [Discussed at 0:25]
- Consider your goals when incorporating location into an app [Discussed at 1:05]
- Is it difficult to add location functionality? [Discussed at 2:19]
- A real-world example of where it made a big difference [Discussed at 3:32]
- Location analytics are very powerful [Discussed at 5:11]
- Augmented reality and location capabilities [Discussed at 6:38]
You can view the full interview here: