We were snowed in, but the phones still worked, so Jon Bruner, Mike Loukides, and I got together on the phone to have a chat. We start off talking about the results of the Solid call for proposals, but as is often the case, the conversation meandered from there.
Here are some of the links we mention in this episode:
- The U.S. Army is trying to go to 3,000 soldier brigades by replacing 1,000 soldiers with robots.
- Someone’s fridge is cyber attacking you.
- Om doesn’t really like Google’s contact lens for diabetics. Do tech companies get humans?
- One of the hundreds of articles about Google’s Nest purchase. Did you hear that Google bought Nest?
- The Corliss Engine at the 1876 Exposition. I couldn’t remember the name during our recording.