Tools Brian explored include:
- Less, “for building CSS, but offers a lot of features you don’t get in straight CSS” [at 06:15]
- Grunt, addressing the “just adding steps to my workflow” problem. [at 9:09]
- GruntIcon, “A mystical CSS icon solution” [at 18:18]
- Automaton, a “task automation tool” [at 25:00]
- HTTPster, a dead-simple “local static development server” [at 30:05]
- The slightly more configurable Node-static [at 32:00]
You will need to be familiar with the command line for a lot of it – if you’re not, it’s a great time to learn!