Subscribe to the O’Reilly Hardware Podcast for insight and analysis about the Internet of Things and the worlds of hardware, software, and manufacturing.
This episode of the Hardware Podcast features my second discussion with Joe Biron, VP of IoT technology at ThingWorx, a PTC business that offers a platform for rapid deployment of Internet of Things applications.
- How IoT platforms provide the functionality that enables advanced capabilities for IoT products
- The common architecture of properties, services, and events
- How to future-proof an embedded application
- Platforms for industrial versus consumer devices
- The potential for products that can update their own behavior
- Embracing—or avoiding—smartphone creep, in which functions once performed by specialized hardware are taken over by a phone
This week’s Clickspirals:
- Randall Munroe’s “What if” article: When—if ever—will the bandwidth of the Internet surpass that of FedEx
- Laser projectors for Christmas tree lighting displays
Also, watch Joe Biron’s webcast “Building Internet of Things Apps with Superpowers”
This podcast episode is a collaboration between O’Reilly and ThingWorx, a PTC business. See our statement of editorial independence.
Image by NASA on Flickr.