Subscribe to the O’Reilly Hardware Podcast for insight and analysis about the Internet of Things and the worlds of hardware, software, and manufacturing.
- Chen’s perspective as an investor on companies that are creating 3D robotics, drones, and satellites
- The Maker movement’s impact on the hardware startups
- Etsy’s influence on the new hardware movement
- Trends in robotics, and the outlook for robotics startups
This week’s click spirals:
- The future of knowledge work, and Peter Drucker’s prescient writings on this issue
- 3M “Z-axis tape,” which conducts only in the direction of the tape’s thickness, not along its length or width
- The hand-drawn maps in A Railroad Atlas of the United States in 1946. Combined with Google Maps satellite view, these provide a fascinating history lesson on the pattern of economic development in the U.S. during the first half of the 20th century.