Steve Francia on alternatives to Hadoop and what lies ahead for MongoDB.
Steve and I sat down during the Strata + Hadoop World conference in New York last month to talk about what he’s most excited about nowadays. He focused on alternatives to Hadoop, what we can expect to see next from MongoDB, and the future of big data.
Highlights from the conversation include:
- Discover alternatives to Hadoop. [Discussed 18 seconds in].
- The new features in MongoDB 2.2. [Discussed at the 1:23 mark].
- How being an open source company helps 10gen connect with its users. [Discussed at the 3:09 mark].
- Long-term goals for MongoDB. [Discussed at the 5:10 mark].
- New technologies are enabling all of us to participate in big data. [Discussed at the 7:05 mark].
You can view the entire interview in the following video.