- Suro (Github) — Netflix data pipeline service for large volumes of event data. (via Ben Lorica)
- NIPS Workshop on Data Driven Education — lots of research papers around machine learning, MOOC data, etc.
- Proofist — crowdsourced proofreading game.
- 3D-Printed Shoes (YouTube) — LeWeb talk from founder of the company, Continuum Fashion). (via Brady Forrest)
ENTRIES TAGGED "fashion"
Web Traffic Visualisation, TV Interviews, GPU Programming, and Programmatic Pants Design
- Web Traffic Visualization — Dots enter when transactions start and exit when completed. Their speed is proportional to client’s response time while their size reflects the server’s contribution to total time. Color comes from the specific request. (via Nelson Minar)
- Complete Guide to Being Interviewed on TV (Quartz) — good preparation for everyone who runs the risk of being quoted for 15 seconds.
- Harlan (GitHub) — new language for GPU programming. Simple examples in the announcement. (via Michael Bernstein)
- Open Fit — open source software that investigates several approaches to generating custom tailored pants patterns. Open Fit Lab is an attempt to use this software for on-the-spot generation and creation of custom clothes. (via Kaitlin Thaney)
Threadless just announced their Twitter Tees on Threadless program. What a great idea. Submit or nominate tweets, community votes, best make it onto shirts. From the two shirts they sent me in advance, I can see only one trick they are missing: the author of the tweet is on the label rather than on the shirt. As I found myself…