ENTRIES TAGGED "pubsub"
Facebook Pub/Sub, Space/Time Visualization, Sean That Matters, and Keyboard Control
- Wormhole — Facebook’s pub/sub system. Wormhole propagates changes issued in one system to all systems that need to reflect those changes – within and across data centers.
- Nanocubes — Fast Visualization of Large Spatiotemporal Datasets.
- Sean Gourley on Relevance (YouTube) — Is Silicon Valley really doing what it should be doing? he asks, 3m30 in. Good to see him pondering stuff that matters, back in 2011.
- Shortcat — a keyboard tool for Mac OS X that lets you “click” buttons and control your apps with a few keystrokes. Think of it as Spotlight for the user interface.
University IP, Apollo 13, LinkedIn Open Source, Crowdsourced Satellite
- Glasgow University to License Its IP For Free — while a small proportion of high value University of Glasgow IP will still be made available to industry through traditional licensing and spin-out companies alone, offering the bulk of IP to a larger audience for free adds value to the UK economy. (via Hacker News)
- Apollo 13 Spacelog — the Apollo 13 mission transcripts presented as though it were a chat session. Not cheesy, but an effective presentation.
- Kafka — LinkedIn’s open source pub/sub message system.
- Buy This Satellite — The owner of the world’s most capable communication satellite just went bankrupt.We’re fundraising to buy it.So we can move it to connect millions of people who will turn access into opportunity. (via Daniel Spector on Twitter)