There’s been a lot going on at O’Reilly recently that I haven’t had time to blog about. But as it turns out that there’s a great place for many of the stories that I would squeeze into Radar if I had more time, and that’s the O’Reilly FYI blog. This is a blog that focuses on news from O’Reilly authors and other “friends of O’Reilly” as well as upcoming events that we think might be of interest to the O’Reilly audience.
So, for example, here are some of the recent posts that you might find interesting:
- The History of Second Life According to Cory Ondrejka. Cory talks about the early history of SL.
- Scott Berkun on O’Reilly Media’s YouTube Channel. Scott talks about ideas from his book Myths of Innovation.
- Comment often. Watch book grow. Have fun. An account of an experiment in open and collaborative book development we’re running with Near Time. The book we’re starting with is entitled Software Craftsmanship: From Apprentice to Journeyman.
- Facebook Gone Wild. An intern creates a Facebook profile for his bank without letting anyone in management know about it.
- Top 11 Things You Might not Know about Facebook. Tips from the author of Facebook: The Missing Manual.