In this podcast, Andy Oram interviews Dr. Deborah Peel of Patient Privacy Rights about Getting IT Right:
Protecting Patient Privacy Rights in a Wired World, a
preconference to be held in conjunction with the illustrious Computers, Freedom, and Privacy
conference this year.
Topics covered in the interview include:
- The evolution of patient privacy.
- Weaknesses in the current privacy regime for health care.
- Goals, structure, and intended outcomes for the conference.
- A look at featured speakers and attendees, including: Joy Pritts, ONC, Chief Privacy Officer; Jessica Rich, Deputy Director, FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection; Stephania Griffin, VHA Privacy Officer; AZ Senator Nancy Barto, Chairman of the Senate Healthcare and Medical Liability Reform Committee; Stephanie Perrin, Canadian privacy expert; Ross Anderson, Cambridge University, UK; Latanya Sweeney, Harvard, MIT, Carnegie Mellon; Helen Nissenbaum , Professor of Media, Culture and Communication, and Computer Science, New York University; Lee Tien, EFF.
- Getting IT Right:
Protecting Patient Privacy Rights in a Wired World, June 13, 2011,
Georgetown Law Center, Washington, D.C.
- Patient Privacy Rights
- Computers, Freedom, and Privacy