Ed Snajder is a 3D-printer aficionado, DBA at Jive Software and OSCON 2013 speaker. We talk about the ins and outs of the new world of 3D printing (a little sneak preview of what Ed will be speaking about at this year’s OSCON). If you are interested in attending to check out Ed’s talk or the many other cool sessions, click over to the OSCON website where you can use the discount code OS13PROG to get 20% your registration fee.
Key highlights include:
- What is RepRap? [Discussed at 0:20]
- Hack a printer together from scratch, purchase a kit or get one ready to print (sort of) [Discussed at 3:15]
- How do you get from 2D to 3D? [Discussed at 5:54]
- If you smell popcorn and you’re not making it, your 3D printer is burning [Discussed at 9:59]
- Creating a greener world one object at a time [Discussed at 12:36]
- 3D printer = Piracy machine? [Discussed at 14:25]
You can view the full interview here:
- Free, live, webcast with Ed Snajder, Intro to Raspberry Pi:
Be Prepared to be Inspired to Make Awesome Things, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 10 AM PT.
- Subscribe to the free programming podcast through iTunes