- Google’s Seven Robotics Companies (IEEE) — The seven companies are capable of creating technologies needed to build a mobile, dexterous robot. Mr. Rubin said he was pursuing additional acquisitions. Rundown of those seven companies.
- Hebel (Github) — GPU-Accelerated Deep Learning Library in Python.
- What We Learned Open Sourcing — my eye was caught by the way they offered APIs to closed source code, found and solved performance problems, then open sourced the fixed code.
ENTRIES TAGGED "gpu"
Flexible Data, Google's Bottery, GPU Assist Deep Learning, and Open Sourcing
Web Traffic Visualisation, TV Interviews, GPU Programming, and Programmatic Pants Design
- Web Traffic Visualization — Dots enter when transactions start and exit when completed. Their speed is proportional to client’s response time while their size reflects the server’s contribution to total time. Color comes from the specific request. (via Nelson Minar)
- Complete Guide to Being Interviewed on TV (Quartz) — good preparation for everyone who runs the risk of being quoted for 15 seconds.
- Harlan (GitHub) — new language for GPU programming. Simple examples in the announcement. (via Michael Bernstein)
- Open Fit — open source software that investigates several approaches to generating custom tailored pants patterns. Open Fit Lab is an attempt to use this software for on-the-spot generation and creation of custom clothes. (via Kaitlin Thaney)