Subscribe to the O’Reilly Hardware Podcast for insight and analysis about the Internet of Things and the worlds of hardware, software, and manufacturing.
Gesher is the co-author of The Architecture of Privacy: On Engineering Technologies that Can Deliver Trustworthy Safeguards. Bradford is co-author of Distributed Network Data: From Hardware to Data to Visualization, and he’s spoken twice at Solid.
- The difference between security and privacy
- Ari’s notion of what it means to be “polite” in a world where everything is recorded
- The need and rationale for standards and protocols for IoT devices
Links to stuff mentioned in this episode:
- The Heartbleed security bug that appeared in OpenSSL
- The Justine Sacco Twitter incident
- William Langewiesche’s Vanity Fair articles on the Air France and ValuJet crashes