- Sibyl: Google’s System for Large Scale Machine Learning (YouTube) — keynote at DSN2014 acting as an intro to Sibyl. (via KD Nuggets)
- Bitrot from 1997 — That’s 205 failures, an actual link rot figure of 91%, not 57%. That leaves only 21 URLs as 200 OK and containing effectively the same content.
- What We Do And Don’t Know About Software Effort Estimation — nice rundown of research in the field.
- fabric — simple yet powerful ssh library for Python.
ENTRIES TAGGED "Google"
Microsoft, Google and pushing business models too far.
I realized yesterday, though, that:
- Microsoft ruined their brand for me by holding too tightly to things that they considered theirs. (Software.)
- Google is ruining their brand for me by holding too tightly to things that I consider mine. (Identity, everything they can possibly learn about me.)
It’s a weird difference, but the Google version makes me much sadder about the world. As I’d tell a mugger, “You can have my wallet, just don’t take me.”
You might feel fine.