Tony Santos, (@tsmuse) is a User Experience Lead at Mozilla and OSCON 2013 Speaker. We talk about Human-Centered Design and how it can make all the difference.
NOTE: If you are interested in attending OSCON to check out Tony’s talk or the many other cool sessions, click over to the OSCON website where you can use the discount code OS13PROG to get 20% your registration fee.
Key highlights include:
- Defining human-centered design. [Discussed at 0:20]
- Hey Developers, Want your app, software, or product to be a success? Then you need to care about this, seriously. [Discussed at 1:05]
- So, what do users actually want? [Discussed at 2:10]
- Some (user) research is better than no (user) research. [Discussed at 3:03]
- Open source sort of abides by human-centered design by its very nature, but can do even better. [Discussed at 4:01]
- A human-centered design success story. [Discussed at 6:26]
You can view the full interview here: